Thursday, March 15, 2012

K's 4th Birthday

Last year I decided to throw K a Birthday party where he could invite a few friends. He told me who he wanted to invite and chose the theme for the party.. Construction. I spent weeks working on little details for the event. I had a blast doing it. I wish I would have started planning sooner, because I had a lot more ideas. :)
Here is the table set up.
HMP_3677
I made this darling banner with my silhouette. I am quite proud of how cute it turned out.
HMP_3684
I made the cake too. My first ever! I was really nervous but it turned out pretty cute. AND YUMMY! The frosting.. oh my word.. you must make it on your next cake, you won't regret it! It just melt in your mouth! chocolate frosting The kids got a kick out of the chocolate rocks too!
HMP_3679
I made them all a sack lunch. Complete with a truck shaped PB&J, white cheddar popcorn(boulders), go-gurts (cement), and carrots(lumber). I made all the little containers and labels with my silhouette using the print and cut feature.
HMP_3694
Cute little party favors.. I found tool shaped bath squirters and bubbles also shaped like tools.. they also got a street sign sucker and the girls got orange and yellow flowers for their hair. I LOVED how the little thank you tags turned out. Also made them with my silhouette(it was a life saver for this party!)
HMP_3690
Sign I made for the front door
HMP_3710
Caution cone bunting that lead to the front door. I also had caution cones at the end of the driveway with balloons attached to them.
HMP_3921
K insisted on a pinata. I found this cute dump truck one
HMP_3757
All of the kids built something out of wood.. boys built race cars and girls built bird houses.
HMP_3764
HMP_3768
Each child had a construction hat with their name on it. Cut the vinyl with of course.. my silhouette. I think it's safe to say just about everything from this party was made with the help of my silhouette.
HMP_3700
I made K a shirt with tools on it.. his request.
HMP_3747
We played pin the nail on the hammer.. all of them could see through the blind fold.. except 2 of them.
HMP_3867
He got so many presents he loves them all! He was pretty excited for grave digger!
HMP_3878
K had the hardest time blowing out that one candle. It was pretty funny.. I wondered if we had bought a trick one.. but nope.. he was just having a hard time hehe.
HMP_3905

It was such a successful Birthday! I had such a blast creating everything for it. I can't wait until this years.. the theme is Monster trucks.

9 comments:

Sarah Cutler said...

Love your party! Everything is so cute! Did you make the thank-you circle tags or did you get it from the Silhouette store? I can't seem to find it there.
Thanks!

krafting kelly said...

What an awesome party! You really paid attention to every little detail, and I'll bet the kids all loved it. Way to go, being featured on the Silhouette Blog!

Lori Whitlock said...

cute party! I love that you used my banner file and my tools file! ~Lori

heddomarie said...

Thanks everyone! Yes the Thank you tag is in the silhouette store.. it's this one thank_you_tag_C00250_24282
I just added the tools to the center.

Nancy4004 said...

Everything looks great! Which font did you use for the names on the hats?

heddomarie said...

It's called gentle redhead

melba said...

love this theme party, i would like to know where you get the construction hats, because my son love bob the builder. thanks.

Leslie Owens said...

What font did you use for the sign that says "Refuel Here"?

Cute party!
Thanks,

Sarah Beverly said...

This is a darling party. How did you make the nails for the pin the nail on the hammer and also, how big is the hammer?
Thanks!